Thursday, February 12, 2009

Congrats!

Last night, I had the honor of attending the Western Burlington County Jr./Sr. High School Honors Band concert. My daughter, Sam, was part of this wonderful night. I can't tell you how enjoyable this concert was.

The Western Burlington County Honors band is made up of 11 different schools. Then it's broken down into two bands (high school and junior high school). Sam had the honor of playing for the junior high school. What amazes me is the amount of time they practiced before the concert. They had a total of 14 hours of practice before performing last night. Unbelievable, when you think that these kids have never played together and the conductor is someone they met at the first practice. They were just amazing! They sounded so good, and the trumpet section was awesome!!!!

I must make mention that much of the credit goes to the band directors from each of the schools. They lay the foundation for these kids and what a great job they did.

1 comment:

Before 10 said...

yay for Sam. I played trumpet and French horn in band.