Thursday, January 15, 2009

Is this all there is....

Lately, I've been feeling really out of place - not only in work but at home. I sit back and look at my kids, who are now teenagers, and realize that they won't be here much longer. I look forward to the day they leave the nest for their own adventures. Yes, I'll always worry about them, but I'm a firm believer that it's up to them to make their own life. I'll always be there for them and will continue to encourage them and hopefully, I've done my job in raising them.

So where do I see myself in 5, 6 or 7 years from now? Will I still be living in NJ or will I actually take the plunge and move out west, as I've always dreamed. I don't look at myself as old, and look at the next few years as a learning experience for me. With the kids getting older, it's time for me! Time for me to really evaluate my life and see what's exactly in store for me. Will this be a solo adventure? I can't answer that right now. Deep in my heart, I hope not, but if it is - so be it.

I've made many compromises, done without for others and I sit here and wonder - what's next? Only time will tell.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you are the type of person that loves adventure. I can see you doing all sorts of cool, crazy things once your nest is empty. Take me with you, please!

Jerzeyjeep said...

Yea, I think you're right...We'll have to start thinking about where we want to go....