Friday, May 8, 2009

Sins of our father...

When I was growing up, I didn't have a great childhood. My father was a nasty drunk and never knew what he would be like when he came home from a night of drinking. Sometimes I felt sorry for my mom and what she went through and other times, I was mad at her for not standing up to him. But the worst was the mental abuse, but somehow I managed to overcome those issues when I had my kids. I try my hardest not to instill the pain that I felt growing up. I think I've done a good job with my kids and we do have our moments but never what I went through.

The thing that pains me the most - how this horrible behavior continues to the next generation. Having someone else go through this just amazes me. When will this horrible cycle end? Don't they know how much anger and pain they are putting on their kids?

I'm just happy to know that I'm taking the high road and hopefully, some day in the future, my kids will look back with happy memories...

1 comment:

NoWay said...

Sorry...I am just catching up on your journal.
Yay for you for breaking the cycle. I do not understand parents that put their kids through ugly stuff.